We are currently seeking an experienced PADI qualified Dive Instructor to join, specializing in personalized experienced in small groups.
This role will involve:
• Leading and instructing guests and staff on dives around local fringing reef
• Leading and instructing guests and staff on dives around outer Great Barrier Reef
• Ensuring guests experiences are maintained to a 5 star standard
• Developing & implementing activities to improve revenue & guest satisfaction
• Maintaining dive equipment ensuring safety and 5 star standards are maintained
• Manning Hayman Dive reception and retail outlet as necessary
• Representing the Dive Team at orientations, presentations and other initiatives
• Available to start in Sept 2010
• Minimum 2 years experience as a PADI qualified Dive Instructor
• Current AS 2299 professional dive medical
• Current CPR, First Aid, O2 Providers Certificate *
• QLD Recreational Boat License *
• Exceptional presentation and communication skills
*You can get these qualifications within the first month of employment
Highly desirable skills:
• Valid Coxswains ticket
• Computer literacy
• Knowledge of the Whitsunday area
• Experience in a 5 star resort with international guests
• Certified Aqualung Equipment Technician
Benefits to working on Hayman include but are not limited to; guaranteed minimum 40 hour week, payment of overtime, multi hire opportunities, low living costs, free laundry facilities, free uniform, free use of Watersports equipment such as kayaks and hobie catamarans, discounts on meals and retail in the resort.
This is a live-in role requiring the successful candidate to relocate to Hayman on a full-time basis and offers the opportunity to live and work on Australia’s premier Island destination.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold a valid Australian working permit.
If you fulfill the above criteria, please contact: [pay]email@example.com[/pay] and include your resume with a cover letter explaining why you would be suited to the position on Hayman Island.